9th–12th Grade Youth Group
We meet weekly on Sunday evening from September-June. We begin with a combined youth meal (all 6th-12th graders) from 6:00-6:30 pm. Then, we kick-off our senior high evening programming at 6:30 and go until 8:00 pm.
All youth are welcome at all of our events, so bring a friend and come join us for our next event!
During the school year, we talk about topics chosen by the youth who make up our youth leadership team. Throughout the year through discussions, games, and activities, we tackle topics such as:
- How to find God amidst suffering.
- Why you can believe in both God and evolution.
- How we can understand ourselves simultaneously as sexual beings and as Christians.
- How we are already sharing God’s love on a regular basis—and why it’s important.
- Why the music we listen to and the movies we watch may have an effect on who we are.
We then end each of our weekly meetings by joining together for the following blessing/prayer/benediction:
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make her face shine upon you and be gracious unto you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen.
Each year we will have several retreats. We may go to camps like Casowasco, United Methodist Conference-wide retreats held at local churches and Syracuse, and even lock-ins right here in our own church. These retreats provide an incredible chance for you to gather together for more than just a couple of hours on a Sunday night. You'll strengthen your relationship with God, with one another, and with yourself.
We also have fellowship and service opportunities throughout the year:
- Volunteering with Asbury First’s Dining and Caring Center or Storehouse.
- Shivering on a haunted hay-ride.
- Bagging groceries with Asbury First’s Grocery Bag Ministry.
- Learning the sport of foot golf.
- Partnering with local agencies for volunteer opportunites.
In the summer may have pickup games of ultimate Frisbee, rugby, and kick-ball, gatherings in the youth room for movies, and adventure field trips like rock-climbing, white water rafting, and caving.
Our main event for the summer is our annual mission trip. For more information on this program, please click here.
For more information on the senior high youth group and how to get involved, contact the Youth Minister.
For the most up-to-date scheduling information, please check the calendar.