6th–8th Grade Youth Group
We meet weekly on Sunday evenings from September through June from 600–8:00pm in room LL12. Our meetings begin with 6th–12th dinner in Fellowship Hall. After dinner, we often have games and activities that have us running all around the church and campus grounds.
All youth are welcome, so bring a friend and come join us for our next event
During the school year, our meetings focus on how our faith relates to our everyday lives. We have discussions, play games, and participate in activities that help us to answer questions like:
- How does God fit into my use of social media?
- Where can I turn when my life gets crazy?
- What might that new movie be telling me about who I am and who I want to be?
- What does it really mean to be a “Christian” at school, on a sports team, at home, etc.?
Each year we will have several retreats. These may include retreats to camps like Casowasco, United Methodist Conference-wide retreats held at local churches, and even lock-ins right here in our own church. These retreats provide an incredible chance for our youth to gather together for more than just a couple of hours on a Sunday night. We really take time then to strengthen our relationships with God, with one another, and with ourselves.
In addition, we also offer fellowship and service opportunities throughout the year:
- Volunteering with Asbury First’s Dining and Caring Center or Storehouse
- Going bowling
- Raking leaves at the Fall cleanup day
- Learning the sport of foot golf
- Helping out with Asbury First’s Grocery Bag Ministry
- Enjoying a Halloween party and finding our way through a corn maze
- Partnering with local service agencies
In the summer we have pickup games of ultimate Frisbee and kick-ball, gatherings in the youth room for movies, and adventure field trips like rock-climbing, canoeing, and caving. Our main event for the summer is our annual Middle School Mission Trip. For more information on this program, please click here.
For more information on the middle school youth group and how to get involved, contact the Youth Minister.
For the most up-to-date scheduling information, please refer to the calendar.