We pray that you are well and safe during this time.
The Thanksgiving Season is upon us, and we are planning on moving forward with the Thanksgiving In-Gathering this Saturday (9–3 pm). To ensure we remain socially distanced and safe, we will be limiting the number of people inside of the building at one time, and have outlined a very clear flow of movement into and out of the building. For those that are more comfortable doing so, you are welcome to participate in the touch-free drop-off option, where volunteers will meet you at your vehicle and remove items from your car for you. We will have plenty of signs and volunteers present to help answer any questions, and to ensure a smooth process. Masks are required. We will have signs and volunteers present to help direct people/flow, and we will also have individuals on hand to offer a touch-less drop off for anyone interested in staying in their cars.
The Thanksgiving season has historically been a time for members and friends of Asbury First to donate to some of our on-campus outreach ministries. Our annual Thanksgiving In-Gathering is an exciting time for us to bring our gifts to the altar, bless them, and offer them to our guests and friends in need.
In support of one of our youth and her community service project, we are also collecting hygiene items and diapers that will go towards Bethany House, which is a private homeless shelter that provides transitional housing and critical support to women in the Rochester area.
- Hot chocolate packets
- 10-ounce to-go cups
- Men’s winter gloves
- Hand or body lotion
- Sleeping bags
- Granola bars
- Toilet paper
- Cans of fruit
- Monetary donations
- Canned tuna
- Peanut butter (creamy)
- Jelly (strawberry, grape)
- Soups (tomato, chicken noodle, typically Campbells or store brand)
- Canned vegetables (corn, green beans, mixed)
- Canned fruit (peaches, mixed), smaller (<16 oz) cans ideally
- Boxes of mac-and-cheese
- Socks for babies and young children (up to size 5)
- New men’s underwear
- Clean, gently used winter jackets (men, women, and children)
- Clean, gently used blankets
- Gift cards to Walmart or Target in any amount
- Diapers (all sizes but an emphasis on sizes 5 & 6), Enfamil w/iron
- Baby lotion
- Baby shampoo
- Clothing up to size 3T
- Women's sanitary items