Sunday, May 31, from 1:30 to 2:30 pm
This pandemic is a real struggle. And for folks who were already struggling, such as our guests at the Dining & Caring Center, the pandemic presents even harder times. Thanks to intrepid staff and volunteers, the D&CC continues to operate during these difficult times, but we need your help! As you do your own shopping in the next few days, please consider collecting items for donation that would be useful for the “grab-and-go” meals we’re serving now. If you can’t bring your goods to Asbury but want to donate, please call Maggie Tobin at (585) 944-6178, or Diana Louise Carter at (585) 732-7224 to make other arrangements.
- Granola bars
- Single-serve yogurt
- Fresh fruit
- Single-serve dried fruit
- Single-serve snacks
- Hot chocolate packets
- Shredded cheese
- Non-dairy creamer
- To go cups
- Lunch bags
- Sandwich bags
- Paper towels
- Garbage bags
- Latex gloves
- Toilet paper
Then bring your donations to the Asbury First campus during the Drive-Thru Food Drive. Because we’re still practicing precautionary social distancing, we ask that you observe these rules:
- Place your items in a spot where a volunteer can lift them out of your car without direct contact. That might be your trunk or a back seat on the opposite side of the driver.
- Wear a mask when you visit the campus.
- Enter the campus either from Granger Place or the Gleason Works parking lot on University Avenue. The driveway closest to 1010 East Ave will be our temporarily one-way exit. (See map for route)
- Stop your car near the stairs leading to the basement at 1010 but please don’t get out.
- Pop your trunk or door to allow the volunteer to take your donation.
- Then go on your way with our thanks!