This Genesee Valley District Leadership Training Event will be held at Asbury First on Saturday, February 3, 2018 from 9 am-4 pm. This is the District's annual Leadership Training Day, which offers a variety of workshops for which you can register. Lunch will be provided! Registration is $20. To find out more, read below. Please contact Pat VanVleck at (585) 355-1035 with any questions that you may have.
What is Informed to Transform?
Informed to Transform is for everyone—clergy and laypersons, leaders and those looking to lead, those who are spiritually enriched and those seeking more.
Where did the name Informed to Transform come from?
The name came from the desire to fulfill the Mission: "Making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world". In order to Transform, we must be Informed about the teachings of Jesus Christ—as well as the workings of our church.
The goal of this event is to help all in attendance be more informed and educated in a way that prepares them to transform our world.
This year's workshops include:
- Learning more about our United Methodist Faith and Practices
- The role of the Laity in leadership of the church
- Preaching through violence and political unrest while speaking to issues with grace
- A Vacation Bible School workshop
- Creating an environment that gets your church out of the 'Oh, no, it's another church meeting' mode
- Conflict - how to change the cycle by how we respond
- Youth ministry - how to make it sustainable
- Volunteer in Missions Coordinators helping you discover God's call on your life through disaster response, mission and service.
- How to take steps to safeguard your congregation
- How to develop leadership in the church for greater vitality
- A special opportunity in the morning session to participate in Hands on Outreach at Asbury First in our Dining and Caring Center and Storehouse.
For complete information, click here.
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018
Location: Asbury First United Methodist Church, 1050 East Ave Rochester, NY 14607
9 am Registration
9:30-11:30 am Workshop # 1
11:45 am-12:45 pm Lunch (Included with your registration)
1-3 pm Workshop # 2
3:15-4 pm Worship together