As of Wednesday, January 11, we have received $1,068,272 in pledged gifts from 458 individuals and families at Asbury First. We are overjoyed to see the generosity and commitment coming from our church. To all who have submitted pledges to Asbury First-THANK YOU.
The goal set for this year's Annual Operating Plan (AOP) was bold. In the fall, we determined we needed to increase pledged income by $100,000 or 8.3% for a total of $1,175,000. Why the increase? Some increased costs are required for our budget-such as health insurance costs, conference appointments for pastoral staff, and utilities & maintenance. Some increased costs were prioritized as new initiatives:
- Additional Administrative Support
- We currently have a staff of 36 full and part-time persons being supported by one (capable and talented!) administrative assistant. The SPRC, the Church Council, and the entire staff recognize this is not enough. With more administrative support, our ministers and staff can say yes to more outreach, ministry, and care opportunities.
- Church Management Software
- Our current database does not support the needs of our growing and vital congregation. In order to more faithfully care for our current and future membership, we need to upgrade our software.
- We are in the process of revamping the communications strategies and practices at Asbury First in order to better fulfill our mission and vision as a congregation. With increased attention to strategic internal and external communications through both digital and print media, we can reach more people with the life-giving message of Christ.
We are finalizing our budget in the next few days. If you haven't yet pledged and would like to, there is still time! You can find a pledge card
on our website. If you have already pledged, and are interested in making an additional gift to the AOP, here are ways to give
Your prayers are appreciated as we make decisions for the year ahead. You will see our proposed budget presented at the Church Conference on Sunday, January 22 at 12:30 pm. We look forward to seeing you there! Thank you all for your prayers, commitment, and generosity to Asbury First.
Elisabeth M. Bischoff-Ormsbee
Chair, Stewardship Committee